We are SO EXCITED to announce that after a 3 year hiatus, Hockey For Grace will return to NTR Newmarket, and The Charity Social will return to The Optimist Hall in March 2023!
We have made the decision to open registration to returning teams first, as we want to thank those who have supported us in the past.
WHERE: NTR Newmarket
WHAT: 3-On-3 Hockey Tournament
DIVISON: Rec, Competitive and Co-Ed
WHY: Charity Tournament in support of Emily's House Children's Hospice
Team Fee: $900/team
Individual Fee: $90/individual
What does my registration fee get me?
Spot in the tournament
Welcome Package & Gift Bag
Ticket to the post-tourny Charity Social
Drink ticket for Charity Social
Raffle Ticket for Charity Social
Before you register please be aware of the following:
- To play in the Co-Ed division, you will have to have to have one female skater(not goalie) on the ice at all times.
- Filling out this form will hold a spot for your team for 21 days (as long as there is room available in the division.) Once 60% of the team fee is received for your team, your spot will be confirmed. All outstanding fees must be in by March 24, 2018 or we reserve the right to make the spot available again.
- Payment can be made via Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or e-transfer. E-transfers can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have multiple people who wish to play, but not enough for a whole team, you can each register as an individual. There is a place at the bottom to request to be on another person’s team. We will do our best to accommodate all requests.
- We recommend teams of 10. This will give you 3 lines and a goaltender. You can have as many as you like, but we believe 10 is the ideal number. Teams of individuals created by us will be capped at 10.
2019 Rec Winners
|2019 Competitive Winners
|2019 Co-Ed Winners
You might be playing for Charity but that doesn't mean everyone gets a trophy!
These aren't just any trophies. Each is named after a very important member of Grace's care team from each of the spots our journey brought us.
The Dr. Walsh Trophy:
Grace was born via emergency c-section at 33 weeks and 3 days, so we weren't expecting to have a baby the day she was born. Quite the opposite. We were at our last pre-natal class at Southlake expecting to go up to the OB Triage, get checked out, and be on our way home. Very quickly we knew something wasn't right when the OB on call was paged, that night it was Dr Walsh. She told us to call our people because we were having this baby... now. The actions of Dr Walsh and the team that was on that night are the reason that we got to meet our sweet girl. They did everything to get Grace here. And then Dr Walsh did even more. She was there for us weeks after, once Grace had passed and we weren't sure what we were supposed to do next. She sat with us in her office, she asked us how we were doing, and then she just listened. And when we were ready to add to our family she was there every step of the way. Through every anxiety ridden appointment, frantic calls, walking me through our birthing plan time and time again to make sure I was comfortable, to writing what I can only imagine were thoughtful and insightful notes in our chart so that every time I ended up in triage and they read my chart they knew why I was being so cautious or having a hard go. She made sure both our babies arrived on this earth and we couldn't have been more appreciative for everything she has done for us.
The Nurse Stephanie Trophy:
Grace was swept away to Sick Kids in the wee hours of the morning by the phenomenal transport team the night she was born but one of the things we were most worried about was Grace being alone. But when Chris headed down the next morning he let me know she was anything but. Nurse Stephanie was Grace's intake nurse and there when Grace arrived at Sick Kids, she's never left her side or ours since. She would later tell me how she talked to Grace and told her how much her parents loved her, how brave she was as they did numerous tests; picking and prodding and stood up for her when it became enough for the night. She was there for many of the big decision and big steps, she helped us create beautiful keepsakes like the hand drawn tree that we all added our thumb prints to. But most importantly she was Grace's biggest advocate to live her best life while she was here. Nurse Stephanie was the reason that we got to spend those 5 life changing days at Emily's House. She's the one who gave us the inspiration for Grace's adventures. She made sure we arrived as quickly as possible to Emily's House, spending I'm sure countless extra hours ensuring the paperwork was complete and the i's dotted, even accompanying us to Emily's House so that we could get there right away not having to wait a second longer. Grace only knew love in this world and Nurse Stephanie was a big reason for that.
The Nurse Dio Trophy: